In Years 5 and 6, times table knowledge and speedy recall is still extremely important! Children take part in weekly ‘Rock star times table tests’ and the teachers measure the speed of which they answer each question correctly.
They are awarded as being either:
- 0-0.4 SECONDS = PLATINUM (ROCK ICON)
- 0.5-1.5 SECONDS= GOLD (ROCK GOD)
- 1.6-2.5 SECONDS = SILVER (ROCK LEGEND)
- 2.6-3.5 SECONDS = BRONZE (ROCK STAR)
- 3.6-4.5 SECONDS = PURPLE (BAND MEMBER)
- 4.6 + SECONDS = RED (NUMBER ONE FAN)
We at Fern Hill, recommend that every child has a times table chart at home and they are asked times table questions and facts to help with their learning.
Document is attached below.