PE & Sport Premium Strategy and Impact
Our strategy and spending of the PE and Sport Premium in 2021-22, together with its impact is linked below.
We are currently working on our strategy for the current academic year and this will be published shortly.
In 2013, the Government launched its PE and Sport funding for schools with the following aims:
- Preserve the Olympic and Paralympic legacy while developing school sport
- Develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, while promoting a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age.
The funding is ring fenced and may be spent in the following ways:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life sport clubs;
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport (including providing cover to release teachers);
- Running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the School Games;
Please click here for more information on the Sports Fund.