PE & Sport Premium Strategy and Impact
Our PE and Sport Premium Strategy for 2023-24 is linked below, together with the Strategy for 2022-23 and its impact.
In 2013, the Government launched its PE and Sport funding for schools with the following aims:
- Preserve the Olympic and Paralympic legacy while developing school sport
- Develop an enjoyment of sport and physical activity, while promoting a healthy lifestyle in children from an early age.
The funding is ring-fenced and may be spent in the following ways:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life sport clubs;
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport (including providing cover to release teachers);
- Running sports competitions, or increasing participation in the School Games.
Please click here for more information on the PE and sport premium funding for primary schools.