Head lice can unfortunately be party of school life, please follow the Bug Busting guidelines to keep infestation at bay.
Bug Busting is a safe, no-pesticides way to cope with head lice routinely or in a crisis.
Bug Busting fits in with weekly hair washing to detect & eradicate head lice and nits.
Lice do not become resistant (immune) to the Bug Busting method and you only need one re-usable Kit for the whole family!
How to detect & remove head lice, including newly-hatched head lice
Head lice hide when dry hair is disturbed. Detection is only effective when the hair is wet as the lice cannot move when saturated.
- Shampoo as usual and apply plenty of conditioner
- Detangle the hair using a normal comb
- Use a Bug Buster comb to remove lice
- Methodically comb small sections of hair at a time
- Comb the hair from root to tip
- Check the comb after each stroke for lice
- Rinse the comb between strokes
- Finally, rinse off the conditioner
If lice are found, repeat every 4 days for 2 weeks to break the lifecycle, otherwise repeat weekly.
How to detect & remove nits (lice eggs)
Nits are the unsightly egg shells which attach to the hair. Detection & removal is best done with the Nit Buster comb (a very fine-toothed comb).
Follow steps 1. to 5.
The yellow Bug Buster & purple Nit Buster combs are suitable for all hair types without causing discomfort. The bevel-edged teeth were developed to pick up head lice which the more rounded teeth of other fine-tooth combs miss.
Take part in Bug Busting Days because informed, united action stops head lice from circulating endlessly.